Okay, so I haven’t always been a hat girl, BUT I have always wanted to be. I always thought other people looked super cute in hats but I was always afraid I couldn’t pull them off. And maybe I still can’t, but I sure feel awesome wearing them. Here are a few reasons YOU should try hats, yourself!
1. They make you stand out. Some days I’m totally aiming to stay low key and blend in with the rest of the world. Other days, you can’t tell me nothinnn’ when I’m feeling my outfit. Most people don’t wear a hat, so when you do, you stand out. And everyone knows it’s fun to be a little different these days. Don’t be afraid to stand out in a crowd.
2. Hats help protect your skin and eyes from the sun. This one is a no-brainer. Skin damage is a real thing. I would know. I used tanning beds for many years and even without that damage, age wrinkles are inevitable. Now I’m doing my best to reverse any damage that was done and fighting off signs of aging on my skin. Along with some SPF, hats help tremendously.
3. They totally complete an outfit. This is probably the main reason I’m stuck on wearing hats now. It’s the same as fake lashes or lipstick amping up a make-up look. Hats totally amp up an outfit. They frame your face and whether your hair is short or long, the right hat is super flattering.
4. Hats handle those bad hair days. This one is the second main reason I turn to hats often. Those bad hair days or days when you don’t have time to style your hair, grab a hat. A baseball cap or a wide brim hat.. put it on. With three little babes, I only get to address my hair once or twice a week ( Thank you, dry shampoo. You’re my boo. ), so hats are always coming through for me.
5. You exude confidence. When you wear a hat, you look confident without saying a word. You’re confident in yourself and your style and that affects how the rest of the world perceives you. If you’re like how I used to be and think hats just aren’t for you, I challenge you to just try one out. I guarantee you’ll get tons of compliments and feel amazing!