Treats on treats on treats. That’s pretty much my diet at this point in my pregnancy. Just kidding.. I eat healthy half the time, but if I get a craving, I’m all over it. The other day I wanted a fully loaded treat; some kind of cookie bars. And these hit the spot!
Before I even get into these ingredients, I want to warn you that these cookie bars are SWEET. Like messed with my vision because my blood sugar spiked, sweet. (pregnancy probs!) Just keeping it real with y’all. So while this recipe calls for 16 bars, I’d go ahead and cut them in half one more time, making 32.
~ 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
~ 1/2 cup light brown sugar
~ 1/2 cup chopped pecans
~ 1/2 cup butter, melted
~ 1/4 tsp salt
~ 1/4 cup cocoa powder
The other 5 Layers
~ 1 cup finely shredded sweetened coconut
~ 1 cup pecans
~ 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
~ 1 cup white chocolate chips
~ 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease a 9×9 baking pan.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, chopped pecans, butter and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined and press half of the mixture into the bottom of the greased pan.
- Add the cocoa powder to the left over graham cracker mixture and mix together. Gently spread over the first layer of graham crust; press it down, adhering it to the first layer.
- Top with shredded coconut, pecans, semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. Press down a little to bind the layers together.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the entire content of the pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top starts to turn lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool completely before cutting them into
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week.