I am all about some treats and these apple and cream cheese pastries are totally acceptable for breakfast. Not to mention, they are amazing! You may already have everything you need to make these. Enjoy!
1 (8 0z) package cream cheese, softened
1 can apple pie filling
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Using both packages of crescent rolls, separate and lay out the triangles on the sheet in a circle. I lay about 14 of them with the wide edges on the inside of the circle with the triangle points, pointing outward. Press the corners of the wides edges together.
2. To make the cream cheese filling, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the wide part of the crescent roll triangles. Spread the apple pie filling on top of the cream cheese.
3. Take the triangle points and place them over the filling, pressing the points into the inner edges.
4. Use the remaining crescent rolls from earlier and cut them into thinner slices. Place these wherever there are holes in the circle with the filling showing.
5. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Cool for about 10 minutes.
6. Glaze: 1/2 cup powdered sugar and about 2 teaspoon milk. Mix until smooth and pour over pastry. Cut into triangles for serving.