Y’all know I’m all about my treats. I used pregnancy as an excuse to eat all the desserts, but here I am almost 5 weeks postpartum and I’m still indulging. Whoops!
Now I’ll blame it on nursing. Gotta get those extra calories in, right?! Anyway, today’s dessert post is SUPER easy. I used a roll of cookie dough from the store, but you can make your own dough if you want. Making homemade cookie dough when there’s already made cookie dough at the store — just isn’t my jam these days. Sorry. I’ll get back to momming hard as soon as this baby boy decides he wants to sleep all night and my threenager gets herself under control. Oh yeah, and when my almost 2 year old doesn’t cry about every. single. thing. You get my drift. I’m all about making my life easier right now. Here’s what you’ll need..
– 1 18 oz roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
– 8 oz cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1 egg, room temperature
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9 inch (square) baking dish with parchment paper or non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Spread a little more than half of the cookie dough onto the bottom of the baking dish and press down firmly creating an even layer.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat until combined well.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until it is smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the top of the cookie dough base.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before cutting into bars.