I’m the type of person who always orders the chocolate version of everything: cake, ice cream, cookies.. if chocolate is an option, I’m all over it. Especially here lately being 7 months pregnant. #GimmeAllTheChocolate
This recipe I’m sharing today is my go-to homemade cookie recipe. We overall try to keep things pretty healthy in our pantry, so we don’t buy very many “treats” when we grocery shop. If unhealthy foods aren’t in the house, then we just simply can’t eat them. I have no self control and will eat an entire row of Oreos in one sitting, so this ban on buying sweets usually works out well for me. I do, however, make sure I always have all the ingredients for this cookie recipe on hand because you just never know when that sweet tooth might hit and you HAVE to indulge
a little a lot.
I make these cookies fairly small when I bake them, mostly because it makes me feel less guilty when I eat six at a time. I just say that’s like 2.5 normal size cookies. Totally justifiable. This recipe usually gives me about 3 dozen “mini” cookies.
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix together until combined.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
5. Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are set around the edges. Place cookies on a cooling rack immediately to prevent them from over baking.
6. Eat them all.
Haha, kidding.. but they won’t last long. They’re so good!
What is your go-to homemade cookie recipe?