Egg, Ham & Cheese Breakfast Muffins
I am definitely NOT a morning person. Every day, my three year old strolls her happy, well-rested self into my bedroom and says (at least 12 times), “I think it’s morning time, mom!” Luckily I can easily convince her to get into bed with me for snuggles, which gives me a few more minutes to officially wake up. Then we go get baby sister out of her crib and make our way downstairs. Immediately, I start trying to figure out what our breakfast will be. The girls love eggs, so this recipe is right up our alley. I’ve relied on this recipe for a couple of other reasons, too:
1. They reheat really well; it’s ready when you wake up, so no spatulas and pans are involved (less dishes, yaasss!) 2. You can customize it with whatever ingredients your heart desires. (aka, I can sneak vegetables in them).
This recipe yields about 18 muffins.
1/2 cup eggs whites
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup cubed ham
1 bell green bell pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Side note: Himalayan Sea Salt has many benefits over table salt. I recently switched and I’m never looking back!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, salt & pepper.
3. Mix in cheese, cubed ham & bell pepper.
(I diced my Smithfield cubed ham a little smaller than it comes in the package).
4. Pour mixture into muffin tins.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.
Enjoy now or store them in the fridge and reheat in the morning.
What are your go-to meal ideas? I’d love to hear about them!